The best ride deserves the best stage 1 Air cleaner for Harley Davidson and you came to the right place to know the best deal in 2020.
We know you need a cleaner in your arsenal that makes sure great air flows keeping the better combustion. The enhanced acceleration is not a daydream and the right piece of stage 1 cleaner will do it all. As a result, you will get to see the debris, grit, and dust trapped inside of it and filter it.
Keep calm and read all reviews of the air cleaner and get to know in which you are going to invest
What is a stage 1 air cleaner?
Stage 1 air cleaner is a filter that modifies the whole fuel system from the engine. As a result, you don’t need to take the hassle to separately modify the parts of the engine for cleaning purposes. All it requires to do is to change the bike exhaust and kick out all the debris, grit, dust, or any foreign objects.
This cleaning process is easy and fun and takes minimal effort. The fine tune-up process will make your Harley healthy and increase the overall life-span. Moreover, it has a great influence over the bike’s performance and you will get to experience for sure.
|Best Overall||Runner-Up||Best Price|
|Arlen Ness 18-803 Big Sucker Performance Air Filter||Vance & Hines VO2 Naked Air Intake||Arlen Ness 18-326 Black Big Sucker Stage I Air Filter|
|1. Hidden breather technology|
2. billet/Steel aluminum outer cover
3. Synthetic air filter with increased flow
|1. Powered by Air Flow Over Stock|
2. Washable High Flow Filter
3. Bigger Backing Plate
|1. 1-piece cast aluminum backing plate|
2. Enhanced by breather Technology
3. Carburetor comes with outer steel cover
|If you want to have the most powerful air cleaner kit then meat Arlen Ness 18-803 Big Sucker. One of the main reasons why you have it is because of the great horsepower that is attainable by up to 21%.||Vance & Hines is a well-performing venturi machine made of billet aluminum and greatly used as a washable filter. The name naked air suggests it needs to put on the cover. The things it stands out from many air filters is due to having the correct fuel management.||Arlen Ness 18-326 is technologically more advanced and therefore it comes with the only single piece backing plate. The backing plate is immersively durable since it is made of aluminum. Moreover, it eliminates the old-school banjo fittings.|
|See Price||See Price||See Price|
Our Top Picks of the Best Stage 1 Air Cleaner For Harley Davidson
There are so many air cleaners out there and not all of them worth investing. Keeping this in mind, we sort out some of them come with excellent performance at an affordable price so let’s show them here:
Arlen Ness 18-803 Big Sucker Performance Air Filter
If you want to have the most powerful air cleaner kit then meat Arlen Ness 18-803 Big Sucker. One of the main reasons why you have it is because of the great horsepower that is attainable by up to 21%.
It is patented with the braking plate technology that being said the breathers incorporate into the cleaner while housing itself. The hardware with external hoses will give your bike a superb neat & clean look. More importantly, the hidden breather comes with the O-ring right at the heads, making it more efficient for engine pressure relief.
It amazingly restricts any foreign object due to having the foam placed in the filter. Therefore, the air-flow passage becomes free from the outer-layer of the carburetor. Having this amazing air filter makes your engine perform indeed.
Stainless Jacketed filter comes with a synthetic material that turns out water-proof and thus never required to be oiled. All you can do is to wash and reuse. The gauze is supported by a mesh that is made of steel (rust-resistant).
Features & Benefits:
- Hidden breather technology
- billet/Steel aluminum outer cover
- Synthetic air filter with increased flow
- Chrome banjo bolts included
- Gaskets, hardware, and definitive instructions included
Vance & Hines VO2 Naked Air Intake
Vance & Hines is a well-performing venturi machine made of billet aluminum and greatly used as a washable filter. The name naked air suggests it needs to put on the cover. The things it stands out from many air filters is due to having the correct fuel management.
We find it as a handy tube and useful for rerouting the oil to get straight to the filter. Moreover, it has unmatched performance with the solid sucker which enhances power without even tweaking the fuel. It is accessible with impressive airflow and the torque and power seem satisfactory for you.
We have talked with a number of users and get to know the inlet backing plate is the key to get more power efficiently. Well, this comes as a reusable filter. Once you get your hands on it then make sure you will clean it first hand. Since it doesn’t come with a cover so we recommend you to add an additional cover with it.
Features & Benefits:
- Also, Powered by Air Flow Over Stock.
- And Washable High Flow Filter.
- Also, Bigger Backing Plate.
- And CNC Machined Venturi included.
Arlen Ness 18-326 Black Big Sucker Stage I Air Filter
Arlen Ness 18-326 is technologically more advanced and therefore it comes with the only single piece backing plate. The backing plate is immersively durable since it is made of aluminum. Moreover, it eliminates the old-school banjo fittings.
Apart from that, the backing plate is reinforced by the meshed circumference. It works like air cleaning and avoids any foreing particles from coming in. As a result, you will get to see the engine would be fully functional at most of the time.
The high flow filter is quality driven hardware and added with the steel outer cover. The breather hole placement is just right after the center of the carburetor making it hide within the closed loop system.
It comes with the breathing technology therefore it can prevent the overheating issue. The whole unit has nearly 3 pounds weight. Last but not least, the single piece air cleaner has everything that you are looking for without further purchases.
Features & Benefits:
- 1-piece cast aluminum backing plate
- Enhanced by breather Technology
- Carburetor comes with outer steel cover
- High flow filter
K&N Motorcycle Air Filter: High Flow Performance Air Filter
If you want to see your kit will last longer and serve better then we will recommend you with K&N air filter. Once you install this in your Harley bike the sound of your bike will ridiculously change. It aims at speeding up the horsepower and it does the job pretty well.
The air flow in the combustion system will increase up to 3x better than before. The high flow performance filter also improves the engine mechanism. The good deal comes with saving more money and it is nailed. The environment friendly kit allows you to utilize the reusable filters many times.
The noticeable thing is once you install it for your bike then you don’t need to have any fuel pack to boost the engine. In a single wash, it will serve more days then it’s competitors.
If you are ready to install it then make sure you don’t use oil. The pre-oil mechanism saves more effort and you may just wash it using soap only. Finally, we must say, it is the easiest solution to gear up your horsepower even though you would not change the stock.
Features & Benefits:
- K&N last 10 times longer than any disposable filters
- High performance filter increase 50% airflow
- Environment friendly reusable filters
What To Consider Before Buying The Best Stage 1 Air Cleaner For Harley Davidson:
Buying the best stage 1 Air cleaner for Harley Davidson is not an easy-going task. It is a valuable mod that helps to enhance the performance of a vehicle. However, there are many factors that work behind improving engine life.
In the following, we try to enlist some criteria that will give you a clear vision about exactly what to consider before purchasing any air cleaner.
Knowing the type is important :
we will brief you about each type so that you can make your decision more confidently.
- Basic Filters: it is the most common type of air cleaner which consists of whether foam or another particle trapping material. The working mechanism of it is very simple like when air passes through this filter, the dirty particles get trapped into this. Note: You need to change the filter every month once or twice after they are filling up with particles.
- HEPA Filters: This is the most powerful filter category which is made of either plastic (PP+PET) or fiberglass. On top of everything, HEPA( High-Efficiency Particulate Air) will capture over 99.5% of all particulate pollution. You should remember one thing that the bigger the HEPA filter, the better performance it shows. The cleaning process of this one is also hassle-free. You can use water or a vacuum cleaner to remove those particles from the filter. Note: Don’t use a brush for cleaning as it may damage the HEPA filter fibers.
- Ionizer or ozone Generators: It works a little differently than the others. But, Ionizer or generators together work in a similar way as both of them have charges. On the contrary, the particles floating in the air are free from charges(neutral). So, when the dirty particles come in contact with the ionizer or generators, it becomes charged up, too. Thus, they get stuck to the filter surface. Note: people having respiratory issues may feel irritation due to the ozone in the air. We will recommend you to choose a different one in that case.
- Activated carbon filters: it is like an add-ons feature that you can use with another type of air purifier. The small pores of carbon filters are able to trap odor, volatile organic compounds & gasses. Some filters are strong enough to tackle the macro compounds. When you may get to know that the unwanted odors are not moving from your home, you may go for it.
Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value abbreviated as MERV which is a good measurement scale for determining the strength of your air filter. That’s being said, the greater the MERV rating, the better the air filter.
Clean Air Delivery Rate abbreviated as CADR is a scale for measuring the performance of residential air purifiers. Its score is considered as a standard scale to estimate the effectiveness of an air cleaner in removing different particles. Suppose, an air filter’s efficiency is 100%, & it has 200 cfm (cubic feet per minute). Mathematically, the CADR would be 200. Well, you can read this article on CADR ratings, for getting more info.
Real User Reviews
The most effective way to know about any product’s efficiency, pluses,& minuses; read real user reviews. You can visit some renowned platforms like Amazon, eBay, Walmart to see the review by yourself & get a clear idea about this air cleaner. Going there you will get to know about: who has already purchased this cleaner? What are the positive & negative sides it comes with? Did it come out effective overall ? & much more.
You may not like to spend much on a product that you need to be replaced within some decent years. So, check the warranty carefully & make sure that the seller offers you either cost-efficient replacement damage or a warranty for subsequent years. Thus, you may not have to go through the hassle of buying a new air cleaner again.
If you want to create a big barrier against dirty particles & keep the engine clean for long, then bring an air cleaner having a large surface area. There are some air cleaners that are designed with dozens, or ridges and pleats. These qualities make any air cleaner worth investing in as it increases the surface area & ensures better safeguards.
The next things you need to consider are the horsepower, engine model as well as temperature generating capabilities of your bike. You should bring a relevant air filter assessing the aforementioned criteria instead of selecting a random one.